10 Ways to be Greener
Making environmentally friendly choices is important to prevent as much harm from occurring to the environment. There are many ways to be more eco-friendly beyond throwing that cardboard box into the recycling bin. You also don’t need to buy a Tesla to be green either. Being eco-friendly is a way of life, and it’s easier than you think.
Here are some small, easy ways to be greener that you can make daily habits:
1. Reuse items for different purposes instead of disposing of them.
Mason jars can be used as leftover containers or storage for your pantry.
2. Learn the recycling and compost laws for your city.
Knowing what you can and cannot recycle reduces the amount of waste that ends up in the landfill.
3. Conserve energy and water as much as possible.
Turn off lights when you leave a room, fix leaky faucets, and open your curtains to use as much natural light as possible.
4. Support your locals and shop at the farmer’s market.
This is a really simple way to be more eco-friendly, you save fuel, use less packaged material and plastic, and you get the freshest produce.
5. Grow your own herb garden or take it further and plant some trees.
Trees give us oxygen, fruits, prevent soil erosion, and provide shelter to wildlife.
6. Leave your car at home more often.
Take public transit, walk, or bike for your daily commute to reduce your carbon footprint.
7. Switch your appliances to energy-efficient products.
These gadgets consume less energy, not to mention save you some cash in the long run.
8. Prevent litter.
It is our responsibility to keep our cities clean and set a good example for others.
9. Choose glass over plastic and cloth over paper.
Anything that can be reused is better than single-use items.
10. Support companies that have ethical practices.
Many businesses make a conscious effort to reduce the environmental impact of their facilities. Look for companies with green certifications and are environmentally focused.
These are just a few examples of ways to live greener. Making eco-friendly choices in your everyday life just takes a little mindfulness and effort, but this is the first step towards a better earth.